Sports and Games
The Department of physical education has been constantly providing a number of opportunities for the aspiring young learners of the Institution. The department notifies information on various competitions and other activities well in advance to enable the student participation high and enthusiastic.
Facilities provided for the students:
- Twelve Station Multi gymnasiums
- Flood-lit cement floor Basket Ball Court
- Mini Stadium (Cricket & Football)
- Indoor Games Hall
Activities of the department:
- The Department is actively involved in academic and personal counseling of the students.
- Batches are made and are involved in group discussion on various academic matters.
- The mentor helps the students understand the organization dynamics.
- Mentor helps the students set long-term career goals and short term learning objectives.
- Feedback is obtained from each student for better programming.
Highlights of the Department:
The Department of Physical Education is by far one of the best platforms on the campus to encourage talent.
The College has been sending national best Footballers for many years.
Old Boys’ Association in coordination with the Department of Physical Education actively runs various Competitions regularly.
Two students made a mark at National Level; one achieving Bronze Medal in Wrestling and the other a Silver Medal in Republic Day Equestrian Competition.
The institution has two playgrounds one is a Basket Ball Court and the other big Stadium across the road with a seating capacity of 5000 spectators. These two play grounds are always buzzing with sports activity. Throughout the year, tournaments and other extra curricular competitions take place here. The college also has empty place on the southern side which will be used by the budding cricketers to catch up with their coaching.
The college also has plans to go for extension of infrastructure with a proposal to bring up a building on the north western side looking towards the Musi River to accommodate more number of class rooms in future.
The college has plans to provide a swimming pool for the use of faculty and students. Efforts are afoot to improve the existing indoor facilities on par with the latest indoor stadia in the country.
The Institution has a big hall in the ground floor a part of which is used for Indoor games like table tennis, chess, carom board, snooker etc., and another part for Gymnasium where students do exercise regularly.
Sports activities and Achievements!
- BJR GDC Students Representing All India Inter University Gymnastics Championship
- Ms Gowri, II BA Bagged 3rd Prize in Khelo India Women’s Fencing League
- Ms Gouri and Ms Sireesha of II BA Bagged Silver Medal in Fencing
- Mr Abdul Malik Shams Won Gold medal (90+weight category) in Osmania University Inter Collegiate Wushu Tournament
- BJR GDC Students bagged the 4th Position in Kho Kho Intercollegiate Tournament
- BJRGDC hosted Osmania University Intercollegiate Judo Tournament for Men
- Mr. S.Madhu kumar of B.Sc student won Silver medal in Osmania University Inter collegiate Athletic (3000 mts Steeple Chase)
- Ms Sanjana, II BA, Selected for Osmania University Kabaddi team and participating in South Zone inter University
- BJR GDC Students took 4th Position in OU Intercollegiate Football Competition
- Mr. T.karthik and Mr. B.Rajesh, B.A 1st year students bagged Bronze medal in 42nd Junior National Rowing Championship
-no data available-