To empower youth by providing quality education in order to make them competent, self-reliant and responsible society builders, professionals and citizens Babu Jagjivan Ram Government Degree College has always catered to the needs of students who come from socially and economically disadvantaged backgrounds. As these students are generally first generation learners, the college endeavours to provide them with quality education. Such an education should provide them with the skills and core competencies that can make them at par with the rest of the competition that exists outside the portals of the college. The vision statement stands for the values and beliefs that inform every policy and activity of the college. At Babu Jagjivan Ram Government Degree College, the most important qualities that are embraced are (1) creative and inspired leadership; (2) dedicated and innovative team work; and (3) a strong commitment to providing quality education that is based on values and beliefs. We believe in the following values namely,
- Hard work
The mission of the college is encapsulated in its motto – “Gyanam Sarva Hithaya” – “Knowledge for universal welfare.” This means the emancipation of backwardness, poverty and mental constraints of theyouth of the downtrodden sections of society through higher education, life skills and personality development. The mission of Babu Jagjivan Ram Government Degree College is
- To promote academic excellence
- To inculcate human values and social responsibilities
- To address the rural and urban divide and
- To mould the students into good citizens of the nation.
These mission statements enumerate the ways in which the vision of the college are transformed into reality. If the students are to be transformed into ‘competent, self-reliant and responsible society builders, professionals and citizens,’ then the college has to provide the right environment to foster the values and beliefs as well as ensure that the right skills are provided to make them the kind of people that the vision statement envisages. The college strives hard in this direction by adhering to the following objectives:
- To facilitate learning of knowledge and skills through a variety of courses, activities and programmes.
- To conduct diverse and learner-oriented curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- To develop multiple formal and informal linkages with other academic institutions, community development and welfare organizations and industries.
- To bridge the rural-urban divide by imparting knowledge and skills to the students who come from rural and underprivileged backgrounds.
- To meet contemporary regional and national needs and to anticipate future social and economic development and equip students accordingly.
- To promote equity by encouraging and empowering women students, students from disadvantaged groups and differently-abled students.
At BJR Govt. Degree College, Narayanaguda, We are happy providing excellent education and molding the future generation ..
For more information and admission details ..