Dept. of Physical Education
- Courses Offered
- Curricular & Co-Curricular
- Research, Extension & MoUs
- Best Practices
- Future Plans
About the Department
The Department of Physical Education was established in the year 1974. The Department is firmly committed to provide good opportunities to the students in Sports. The Department believes in the holistic development of the students by focusing on the development of mind, body and spirit. It consists of adequate indoor facilities for Games and Sports. Indoor Games like Carroms, Chess ,Table Tennis, Yoga and Eight multi station Gymnasium for men and Fitness equipment for women are also available.
- To extend and promote the concept of ‘Sports for All, Sports for Health, Sports for Well-being, Sports for Excellence and Sports for World Peace.
- To provide educational opportunities to select learners who are talented in sports .
- To promise to deliver sound education and well-groomed sports ambassadors.
- To Provide excellent sports opportunities for learners , through a range of training activities.
- To empower them to pursue a chartered sporting career path.
- To promote wellness through Physical Education and making the students adopt a healthy life style.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To recognize and develop outstanding talent at Higher education level.
- To create opportunities for gifted learners.
- To Provide leadership qualities to ensure that our athletes remain at the forefront of provincial and international sport.
- To Assist students with researching and developing solutions to issues that emerge in individual sports codes and the sports industry as a whole.
- To promote and advocate the best practice methods for high performance.
- To provide a balanced and effective environment for safe and healthy sports for the students.
- To demonstrate that sporting achievements are equal to education.
- To encourage and inspire the athletes to become National and International champions.
|Dr M Ravinder Rao M.P.Ed, Ph.D
| STUDENT ACHIEVEMENTS
Participation of College students in South Zone / All India Inter University Games /Sports during last Five years:
COLLEGE STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENT IN SOUTH ZONE INTER UNIVERSITY / ALL INDIA INTER UNIVERSITY LEVELS 2015-16
COLLEGE STUDENTS PARTICIPATION IN SOUTH ZONE INTER UNIVERSITY / ALL INDIA INTER UNIVERSITY /STATE/ICT LEVELS 2016-17
COLLEGE STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENTS IN SOUTH ZONE INTER UNIVERSITY / ALL INDIA INTER UNIVERSITY /STATE/ICTLEVELS 2017-18
COLLEGE STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENTS IN INTERNATIONAL/NATIONAL/SOUTH ZONE INTER UNIVERSITY / ALL INDIA INTER UNIVERSITY STATE/ICT LEVELS 2018-19
|COLLEGE STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENTS IN INTERNATIONAL/NATIONAL/SOUTH ZONE INTER UNIVERSITY / ALL INDIA INTER UNIVERSITY STATE/ICT LEVELS 2019-20
SEMINARS ATTENDED/ PAPERS PRESENTED:
- Participated in one day State Level Seminar on’ Role of GDCs in Promoting Inclusive Growth’
- Participated as Delegate in the International Workshop on Health, Physical and Computer Science in Sports
- Participated in the One Day National Seminar on ‘Strategies to Include the Excluded- An Appraisal of Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats for Inclusive Growth in India’
|MOUs & Linkages:—-
|1. MOU with Government City College,Naypul,Hyderabad
Ms A.Sanjana of 3rd B.A.HEP (Roll.No.1070 21 129 081) representing Osmania University in South Zone Inter University Kabaddi tournament at Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamilnadu from 22.12.2023 to 26.12.2023. BJR GDC…Read More
Ms K.Gouri Ms A.Shireesha Outstanding Performance in Osmania University Inter collegiate Fencing (Saber) Tournament for womenNovember 24, 2023
On 15th November 2023, Ms K.Gouri of 3rd year B.A won Gold Medal and Ms A.Shireesha of B.A.3rd year won Bronze medal in Osmania University Inter collegiate Fencing (Saber) Tournament…Read More
On 9th November 2023, Ms. R.Ashwini of B.A 2nd year student won Silver medal in Sailing (Laser Redial Boat) at National Games, Goa. BJR GDC congratulate Dr Ravinder, Physical Director…Read More
On 27th October 2023, Mr S.Nithish kumar of B.Com final year student won Gold medal in Osmania University inter collegiate Taekwondo (Men) Tournament in below 73 kgs weight category…Read More
On 23rd September 2023, BJR GDC Football team won the Knockout match against Wesly Degree College with 6-1 goals in Reliance foundation tournament held at Loyola academy. Congratulations to…Read More
On 20th September 2023, BJR GDC Football team won with 2-0 goals against Sri Nidhi Engineering College held at Loyola academy, our team entered into League the matches will…Read More
Mr. L.Siddu Vara Prasad (III B.A), Mr. P.Sandeep (II B.A), Mr. K.Yakobu (II B. A) and Mr. N. Kathilak Sai Mahesh (I B.A) of BJR GDC are been representing…Read More
Ms. K.Gouri of II B. A.student bagged 3rd place (Cash Award of Rupees 30,000/-) in 2nd phase of Khelo India women's Fencing league and Ranking tournament held at Jawaharlal…Read More
Future Plans :—-
1.To establish a Yoga center for students ,staff and local citizens
2.To establish a sports counseling center
At BJR Govt. Degree College, Narayanaguda, We are happy providing excellent education and molding the future generation ..
For more information and admission details ..