The motto of Babu Jagjivan Ram Government Degree College, ‘Gyanam Sarva Hithaya’ emphasizes the importance of using knowledge for universal welfare. Therefore, the institution is committed to inculcating values and commitment among the students by encouraging them to participate in activities that focus on community service. Since community service is a type of experiential learning, the institution incorporates learning activities that encourage the development of sensitivities toward community issues like gender disparities, social inequity, environment, sustainability, etc. These outreach activities are carried out through the two units of the N.S.S.; the Eco Club; The Institutional Social Responsibility Cell; the Women Empowerment Cell and the Internal Complaints Committee.
- 200 volunteers in the NSS participated in various activities rendering community service and learned the true meaning of the motto, NOT ME BUT YOU which is selfless service to the community
- Active participation in Mega Green Camps; Swachch Bharath campaigns; and Waste Management Awareness Camps in collaboration with Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation, motivated the students to spread awareness on protecting the environment
- Participation in University-level Youth Festivals, Vivek Utsav, and Viveka Subhashitham programmes organized by Rama Krishna Math and Samskruthi Foundation, brought out the inner potential among the students and inculcated respect and duty towards the nation.
- Participation in 5K Run for SHE TEAMS (State Government initiative for women security) sensitized the students to issues of gender equity.
- Participation in blood donation camps at the University level brought about the realization that service to the community is service to God
- Participation in meditation-based self-development programmes organized in collaboration with Shri Ram Chandra Mission on the occasion of International Yoga Day contributed to the holistic development of mind, body, and spirit.
- The International Youth Seminar on Intensive Meditation and Leadership organized by Heartfulness Institute of Shri Ram Chandra Institute (SRCM) at Kanha Santivanam, Telangana State facilitated our students to learn and exchange their ideas with fellow participants.
- Observance of national days like Rashtriya Ekta Diwas, Gandhi Jayanti, Vigilance Awareness week, etc., promoted communal harmony and the spirit of National Integration
- Participation in the International Conference organized by Heartfulness Institute of Shri Ram Chandra Mission (SRCM) at Kanha Santivanam, Telangana, changed the perspective of life among the students and enhanced their global competencies.
- Active involvement of students in tracing out of a 72-year-old missing person, with the help of the Police, gained appreciation from Smt Vani Prasad, IAS, Secretary of Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC).
- The conduct of the National Webinar on Gandhian Philosophy in collaboration with Benaras Hindu University instilled the virtues of Truth, Integrity, Non-Violence, and their significance in maintaining social cohesion.
The institution encourages civic engagement among students since it contributes to their holistic development and sensitizes them to their social responsibilities. This, in turn, leads to their contribution to sustained community development in the areas of environment and sustainability, gender equity, socioeconomic equity, nation-building, etc.
- Extension Activities Report (2020-2021) – Download
- Extension Activities Report (2019-2020) – Download
- Extension Activities Report (2018-2019) – Download
- Extension Activities Report (2017-2018) – Download
- Extension Activities Report (2016-2017) – Download
- Extension Activities Report (2015-2016) – Download